Upis handspun frazada Wool Pillow
Handwoven Frazada Wool Pillow, 100% Natural Fibers and Materials
- Size: 40 cm x 40 cm
- Materials: chunky, 100% hand-spun wool; cotton twill backing with covered zipper closure
- Available in: Rose, Lake, and Cream & Coal
- Limited quantities - if sold out, contact us for pre-orders! You do not want to miss out on this 2018 living-room must-have.
Named for the community where it is made, the Upis frazada wool pillow makes a great gift for someone into casually saving the planet while making their home look great.
The Upis wool throw pillow checks all the boxes:
- carefully woven by hand by a real, live person;
- made of only natural materials – no toxic chemicals polluting you or the environment;
- exploitation-free – artisans work at home, on their own schedule, and earn what THEY decide is fair for their work;
- empowering – women-run artisan associations provide opportunities for leadership and economic independence;
- culture-promoting – the Upis pillow is woven on a traditional backstrack loom, keeping that cultural tradition alive.
What more can you ask from a throw pillow?
Oh – this decorative pillow is also pretty awesome to look at and touch, with its chunky, textured wool fabric and striking hand-stitched embroidered design.
Pair with our other fair-trade wool pillows and alpaca pillows, or mix-and-match on its own – they look great as a set!
Note: Excludes cushion insert. Visit our friends at Pillow Cubes for a fantastic selection of eco-friendly, recycled pillow inserts. Ask us for your exclusive coupon code to receive 10% off!
WHO MADE THIS FRAZADA WOOL PILLOW?This Upis Handspun Wool Pillow in Lake was handwoven in the high Andean community of Upis by the Awaq Mayki weaving association. Upis is located about 4 hours away from Cusco in the shadow of Ausangate mountain, the highest mountain in the region and the most important apu (mountain deity) in Quechua cosmology.