Qura Fringe Pillow
Handwoven Wool Pillow, 100% Natural Fibers and Materials
- Size: 40 cm x 40 cm
- Materials: chunky, 100% hand-spun alpaca fringes; fine, 100% wool, cotton twill backing with covered zipper closure
- Available in: Dune, Earth, and Slate
- Limited quantities - if sold out, contact us for pre-orders! You do not want to miss out on this 2018 living-room must-have.
The Qura Fringe pillow checks all the boxes:
- carefully woven by hand by a real, live person;
- made of only natural materials – no toxic chemicals polluting you or the environment;
- exploitation-free – artisans work at home, on their own schedule, and earn what THEY decide is fair for their work;
- empowering – women-run artisan associations provide opportunities for leadership and economic independence;
- culture-promoting – the Upis pillow is woven on a traditional backstrack loom, keeping that cultural tradition alive.
What more can you ask from a pillow?
Oh – this decorative pillow is also pretty awesome to look at and touch, with its chunky alpaca fringes and finely handwoven wool fabric on perfect color matching stripes design.
Pair with our other fair-trade wool pillows and alpaca pillows, or mix-and-match on its own – they look great as a set!
Note: Excludes cushion insert. Visit our friends at Pillow Cubes for a fantastic selection of eco-friendly, recycled pillow inserts. Ask us for your exclusive coupon code to receive 10% off!
WHO MADE THIS FRAZADA WOOL PILLOW?This Qura fringe Pillow is handwoven in the high Andean community of Upis by the Awaq Mayki weaving association. Upis is located about 4 hours away from Cusco in the shadow of Ausangate mountain, the highest mountain in the region and the most important apu (mountain deity) in Quechua cosmology.