This Peruvian Textile Tour is a one-of-a kind exploration of the Colors of Peru, specially designed for those who are passionate about culture, and interested in textiles and craft traditions. From Lima, the City of Kings, to Cusco, the Capital of the Incas, this is a rich and unique insight into Peru: get to know this amazing country through a hands-on exploration of its textiles, food and people. No trip to Peru is complete without visiting the breathtaking citadel of Machu Picchu, but we'll also spend time in little-visited remote villages and interact with the locals. See Peru through the eyes of people who live and breathe this country every day, and who are working to keep traditions alive and make a better life for those who live here. This is an experience not to be missed – an exclusive and very special introduction to the vastly rich culture of Peru!
Join us for a unique Peru Textile tour including:
- Hands on dyeing workshop with native plants
- Hands on weaving workshop with Quechua Weavers.
- Visit to breathtaking Machu Picchu lost city of the Incas
- Visits to handpicked textile and craft oriented museums and textile centers
- Two comfortable styles of boutique accommodation
- Excellent Peruvian food
- Insight into the village life of the Andean Quechua people, our hosts and friends
- Fully accompanied by an Peruvian textiles enthusiast and local guides
- and much, much more ...
We are currently offering two fixed dates in 2017
Luxury: Sunday 21st May 2017 – Weds 31st May 2017
Comfort: Sunday 2nd July 2017 – Weds 11th July 2017*
If you have a group of 4 or more friends please contact us for other departure dates, specifying the number of people in your group, and your preferred travel dates and accommodation style. We will do our best to accommodate you, acknowledging this is a trip led by Peru specialists with already busy schedules. Hotels may vary depending on availability. *Those who join this tour have the option to join a trip to the Virgen del Carmen on the 15th & 16th of July
Dana first passed through Cusco in 2012 with an exhausted trekking pack and empty wallet. She was fresh out of the PSU Anthropology Dept and had just interned on an archaeological site in the central Andes. Textiles and artisanal crafts had always been a personal and professional fascination, studying these artefacts while on grant research in Brazil and in both the Matson Museum of Anthropology and Carnegie Museum of National History. They took on new significance after accepting the role of Project Coordinator of Threads of Peru in Cusco in 2013 - and the rest is modern history!
Now having spent 4 years wandering the most remote communities of the region, staying with indigenous families and working tirelessly to sell their handcrafted products on the international market, Dana is enthusiastically prepared to share her textile experiences and local insight with participants of the "Colors of Peru" adventure.
Day by Day Short Itinerary
- Arrival Lima
- Exploring Lima: Craft store, Casa de Aliaga, Amano Museum
- Travel from Lima to Cusco: Visit the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco
- Explore Cusco’s Art Scene: San Blas artisan neighborhood and cook your own meal!
- Sacred Valley of the Incas: Meet the locals: llamas, alpacas and vicunas, oh my!; Pisaq ruins and market
- Sacred Valley of the Incas: Dye Workshop: Colors of the Andes
- Sacred Valley of the Incas: Visit to remote weaving communities with Threads of Peru
- Ollantaytambo and travel to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu and travel to Cusco
- Cusco, a free day to explore
- Return home
These are group tours: Minimum 4 people, maximum 12 *
Comfort Style Travel: $3995
Luxury Style Travel: $5995
*please enquire if you are a group of 2 people regarding our refund or alternative tour policies.
Single Supplement Prices (eg, to stay in a room by yourself)
Comfort - $750 US / Luxury - $2790 US
What is included?
- 10 nights accommodation, as described in itinerary
- Most meals (as described in itinerary)
- All transfers and transport
- All entry fees, unless noted in the itinerary
- Flight Lima - Cusco - Lima
What is not included?
- Flight to Peru from your home country
- Personal spending - snacks, drinks, souvenirs, washing.
- Meals where not specified.
- Tips should you feel that they have been earned. (They are not obligatory)
- Style of Travel, Difficulty
- Level and Booking Information
- Colors of Peru: Full Itinerary
- Colors of Peru: included Hotels