This Peruvian Textile Tour is a one-of-a kind exploration of the Colors of Peru, specially designed for those who are passionate about culture, and interested in textiles and craft traditions. From Lima, the City of Kings, to Cusco, the Capital of the Incas, this is a rich and unique insight into Peru: get to know this amazing country through a hands-on exploration of its textiles, food and people. No trip to Peru is complete without visiting the breathtaking citadel of Machu Picchu, but we'll also spend time in little-visited remote villages and interact with the locals. See Peru through the eyes of people who live and breathe this country every day, and who are working to keep traditions alive and make a better life for those who live here. This is an experience not to be missed – an exclusive and very special introduction to the vastly rich culture of Peru!
Join us for a unique Peru Textile tour including:
- Hands on dyeing workshop with native plants
- Hands on weaving workshop with Quechua Weavers.
- Visit to breathtaking Machu Picchu lost city of the Incas
- Visits to handpicked textile and craft oriented museums and textile centers
- Two comfortable styles of boutique accommodation
- Excellent Peruvian food
- Insight into the village life of the Andean Quechua people, our hosts and friends
- Fully accompanied by an Peruvian textiles enthusiast and local guides
- and much, much more ...
Sunday 20 May 2018 – Wednesday 30 May 2018
If you have a group of 4 or more friends please contact us for other departure dates, specifying the number of people in your group, and your preferred travel dates and accommodation style. We will do our best to accommodate you, acknowledging this is a trip led by Peru specialists with already busy schedules. Hotels may vary depending on availability.
*Those who join this tour have the option to extend their trip and experience one of Cusco's most colorful festivals, Corpus Christi on 31 May 2018.
Claire Dean. Originally from the UK, Claire has worked in the tourism industry in Cusco for the past 18 years. She spent many years as a Tour Leader / Responsible Travel coordinator and trekking guide throughout Latin America, as well as being the Manager of The South American Explorers Club. With a passion for travel and culture in the Cusco area, her aim is to help make sure that passengers have the best possible experience when they visit this region.
Day by Day Short Itinerary
- Arrival Lima
- Exploring Lima: Craft store, Casa de Aliaga, Amano Museum
- Travel from Lima to Cusco: Visit the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco
- Explore Cusco’s Art Scene: San Blas artisan neighborhood and cook your own meal!
- Sacred Valley of the Incas: Meet the locals: llamas, alpacas and vicunas, oh my!; Pisaq ruins and market
- Sacred Valley of the Incas: Dye Workshop: Colors of the Andes
- Sacred Valley of the Incas: Visit to remote weaving communities with Threads of Peru
- Ollantaytambo and travel to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu and travel to Cusco
- Cusco, a free day to explore
- Return home
These are group tours: Minimum 4 people, maximum 12 *
*please enquire if you are a group of 2 people regarding our refund or alternative tour policies.
Single Supplement: $750 US
What is included?
- 10 nights accommodation, as described in itinerary
- Most meals (as described in itinerary)
- All transfers and transport
- All entry fees, unless noted in the itinerary
- Flight Lima - Cusco - Lima
What is not included?
- Flight to Peru from your home country
- Personal spending - snacks, drinks, souvenirs, washing.
- Meals where not specified.
- Tips (not obligatory)
- Style of Travel, Difficulty
- Level and Booking Information
- Colors of Peru: Full Itinerary
- Colors of Peru: included Hotels